How to Migrate Subscriptions from Your Existing Setup
If you’re struggling with managing subscriptions for your app and find it difficult to keep track of multiple app stores and subscription models, you’re not alone. As your app grows, it becomes even harder to handle access management, marketing attribution, and data analytics accuracy with limited engineering resources.
That’s where subscription management solutions like Qonversion come in, making it easier to handle subscriptions, monitor metrics, and get accurate insights for your product and marketing, so you can focus on growth itself. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to migrate your existing subscription management solution to Qonversion as smoothly as possible.
Subscriptions Migration Paths
Before migrating to Qonversion, it’s essential to determine which method is best for migrating your data.
On the one hand, you can choose the client-side migration method, which involves installing the Qonversion SDK and using a few simple methods to migrate your data. However, the downside of this approach is that you may not see data from clients who use an app version that does not include Qonversion SDK. This can lead to some data discrepancies.
Alternatively, you can choose the server-side migration method and send us your historical data while implementing the Qonversion SDK simultaneously. This is the most accurate approach, but you need to make sure you have enough resources to prepare the migration file. It’s not super hard, but it does take time.
Migrate Subscriptions with Client-Side Method
- Integrate the Qonversion SDK into your app using our Quick Start Guide. This will allow you to track analytics and entitlements for your new subscribers.
- Make sure that you have added Products to the Qonversion Product Center so Qonversion can grant correct permission to your customers. This step is crucial, because it may affect your analytics and your users’ access.
- Call the ‘syncHistoricalData‘ method right after Qonversion SDK initialization. This will synchronize all the device-related data and ensure that no entitlements are missed.
- Launch the app update to production so that your users can start using the new version with Qonversion.
With these steps, you’ll be able to process new purchases with Qonversion.
Migrate Subscriptions with Server-Side Method
If you’re ready to proceed with the server-side migration after integrating the Qonversion SDK into your app, here’s what you need to do:
- Prepare files with your App Store’s Base64-encoded receipt data or Google Play’s purchase tokens. If you don’t have this data on hand but are already using a third-party vendor for subscription management, reach out to the vendor’s support team to obtain the required data file.
- If you want to keep your historical data granular, provide us with user attributes such as Country, IDFV, IDFA, GAID, AAID, etc. This step is optional, but it can help ensure that your data is as comprehensive as possible.
- Share the files with us using our support chat or book a demo call to discuss all the related details. Alternatively, you can also contact us using email and provide CSV files for iOS or Android.
With this method, we can track subscription renewals for users who have not installed the apps’ version with installed SDK because you have already provided us with their purchase information. This means we can track them and grant them access. With this method, Qonversion immediately provides access and renewals even if the SDK is not installed in the application (it is rolled out over time).
Migrate Subscriptions in 1 Day
With these steps, you’ll be able to migrate your subscription management data to Qonversion securely and efficiently. Regardless of the method you choose, the migration should not take more than one day – and we’re here to help you throughout the process.
By migrating to Qonversion, you’ll have a reliable and stable partner for your subscription business. With Qonversion, you can be sure that your access management works properly, allowing you to focus on making product and marketing decisions instead of worrying about ensuring data accuracy and building complex infrastructure for A/B, marketing attribution, and product attribution using a tremendous amount of engineering resources and tools. Just plug in Qonversion and get the most comprehensive data management and analytics, plus access to growth tools like A/B testing, ASA ROAS attribution, and more. It’s free to start.