Are you a newbie in the App Store who recently launched a new app with in-app purchases and now trying to figure out the Apple payment calendar?
No worries, we got you. After reading this blog post, you will be a pro at understanding what a fiscal year calendar is and when is your estimated payment date.
For the purpose of easing financial reporting Apple uses a fiscal year calendar. To be more specific, the calendar has 4 quarters, each uses the 5-4-4 week method of managing accounting periods. This type of calendar groups the quarters of the fiscal year into one 5-week “month” and two 4-week “months”. It does seem a bit weird to use this kind of calendar, but it has a major advantage when it comes to starting and ending the month period: the end date of the period is always the same day of the week, which is useful for reviewing the company’s financial performance and planning future expenses.
Apple’s fiscal calendar has these nuances:
- Apple’s fiscal calendar always starts with the last Sunday of September
- The week format is Sunday to Saturday (US calendar version)
- The calendar uses a 52-53-week fiscal year method where the last Saturday of the month is the end of the fiscal year (September for Apple)
Okay, now we understand what a fiscal calendar is. Next step is to know when your pay date is. Important note:
App Store always pays 33 days after the end of the fiscal month. So roughly speaking 4 weeks + 5 days or around 5 weeks.
The important payout dates for the year 2020-2021 are:
Disclaimer: our calendar is an estimation, as Apple has not yet published the official payout dates. We will update Qonversion’s calendar once the fiscal calendar 2021 is out.
- You can also check all the future fiscal years through the iTunes connect payment calendar (App Store Connect sign-in is required)
- Or you can add the dates mentioned in our calendar to your Google Calendar!
- Or save the PDF version of Qonversion’s calendar to be able to track when is your next payment (right here)
- Click here to see 2022 Apple fiscal calendar