Facebook Ads Integration
You can measure how much your Facebook ads lead to real revenue, such as purchases in your app, subscription after trial and renewals. To help you understand the effectiveness of your ad campaigns, our integration sends data to your Facebook Ads account to match interactions from your app.
Use this integration to:
- Track trial starts, trial conversions, purchases, subscriptions and renewals directly and see how much of it can be attributed to your ads.
- Measure the real revenue return on your ad spend.
- You will be able to create a custom (lookalike) audience in Facebook based on your paying users to increase your advertising ROI (ROAS). Show ads to people similar to those who convert into paying users after trial period.
- Make sure you have installed Facebook SDK and using 3.b integration method from QuickStart. If you don't, installing is quite easy, install Facebook's SDK FBSDKCoreKit with Facebook’s guide.
- Get Facebook's Access Token. You can use this URL to access your token (сhoose your Application in the top right corner and then Get App Token one line below):
You will see the Token like this:
- Provide it in your Qonversion account. From this moment you will see all purchases in your Facebook Ad account, even if they happen after trial period (but only in 28-days window per Facebook's rule).
Note: It may take up to 24 hours for recently delivered events to appear in Facebook.
- View real purchases in your Facebook Ads account. You can view the purchases in your Facebook Ads account (Analytics, Ads Manager, Audiences) and get insight on your performance or improve your marketing ROAS with Lookalike Audience.
Facebook Ads Manager, Analytics and Lookalike Audience
Once we delivered the revenue data to your Facebook Ads Manager, you can dive into results for each campaign.
Customize columns to see purchase metrics. Click Columns → Customize Columns
And select the Purchase metrics:
Look at your revenue in the Revenue section in your Analytics. This section is counting all your real revenue - not only from Facebook campaigns.
With real revenue conversion events, you can create a high-performance value-based audience.
A Lookalike Audience is a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your product. If you optimize your ad campaigns with your revenue events Facebook will target a similar audience who close to making the same action e.g. pay for your product.
Read more about Lookalike Audience.
Note: to create a lookalike audience based on your real purchases Facebook need to collect at least 50 events in the last 60 days.
Go to your Audiences:
Click the Create Audience dropdown and choose Lookalike Audience
Choose your App, the Purchase or Subscription event
Select Audience location (you can choose All countries if you do not have enough events in a specific one)
Select Audience Size from 1% to 10%. Then less audience size you choose than more effective your ad campaigns will be performed.
Make sure you have enough audience. If not increase the audience size.
- After your lookalike audience is ready you can go your Ads manager and create new campaigns with Purchase lookalike optimization.